Building the harmonic structure of a piece
I would like to present a new cycle of composition lessons which will soon start. Thanks to these lessons, you will finally learn to build the harmonic structure of a piece.
You will be able to put into practice all the notions of harmony and chords which you have learned so far and introduce your music!
Thanks to the help of more than 70 musical examples, you will be able to build a harmonic structure of any piece you want to write, either a song, piano piece, or even something more complexed.
These are some of the many topics which we will see in the lessons:
- A simple and logical method to build chord progressions
- Understand which is the role of each chord inside the key
- How to build harmonic progressionsusing the major scale and principal minor scales
- Which are the main features of the chords to vary in order to obtain balance and variety
- How and when to use inversions of chords in an effective way
- Introduction of new chords thanks to the use of altered degrees
- How to mix in an effective way chords of different minor scale
- We learn some general methods to build a harmonic structure in a piece
- How to differentiate harmony when the music piece is divided into different parts
- All the notions that you learn are essential in learning to harmonize a melody.
As you can see there is a multitude of material . This will be seen in a clear and simple way , with the help of more than 70 musical examples.
See you soon!